The Indian Premier League is played by the best batsmen from all over the world. The answer to who among those batsmen is the most dangerous batsman is by no means easy. These players can change the tide in IPL betting, as they can quickly score runs. Let’s take a look at the cricketers who became dangerous in all the IPL seasons from 2008 to 2023.
List of the most dangerous batsmen in the IPL
Let’s look at the top 5 dangerous batsmen in the Indian Premier League.
- South Africa player AB de Villiers is in first place and West Indies player Chris Gayle is in second place.
- India captain Rohit Sharma is in the third spot, South Africa player Faf du Plessis is at number four and West Indies player Andre Russell is at number five.
- Apart from them, three cricketers from India are known to be dangerous batsmen.
- Kohli, who has been breaking records from time to time with his brilliant form, has become the highest run-getter in the IPL.
- Scoring runs in the last overs is not easy for any batsman but Dhoni is known for batting only in the last overs.
- Despite being out of the Indian team for several months, Shikhar Dhawan has become the second-highest run-getter after Kohli in the IPL.
AB de Villiers – South Africa
AB de Villiers is considered to be the most dangerous batsman not only in the IPL but also in the world. They have become even more dangerous in the IPL. The player is known for playing shorts in any direction on the field. That’s why he was named Mr. 360 Degree. De Villiers’ strike rate in the IPL is 151. He has now bid adieu to the IPL but he is still considered to be the most dangerous batsman.
Chris Gayle – West Indies
Known as the universal boss, Chris Gayle looks tall and wide before bowling and any bowler thinks about what kind of ball he should bowl. The West Indies batsman is known for his aggressive runs. The teams come up with a variety of plans to get them out of the IPL. Gayle became the highest run-getter in a single innings in the IPL by scoring 175 not out against Pune. That’s why he is called the most dangerous batsman in the IPL.
Rohit Sharma – India
India captain Rohit Sharma, who led the Mumbai Indians to five IPL trophies under his captaincy, is also one of the most dangerous batsmen in the IPL. If Rohit’s bat goes in front of the team, He will hit the bowlers of the team hard. He doesn’t hit a lot of aces but he runs on the boundary.
Faf du Plessis – South Africa
This South African batsman has made it to the list of the most dangerous batsmen. After spending his time and getting off to a good start, Faf du Plessis became even more dangerous. Earlier, Du Plessis played such a brilliant innings for the Chennai Super Kings under Dhoni’s captaincy.
Andre Russell – West Indies
West Indies batsman Andre Russell, who has the highest strike rate in the IPL, is no less than any other batsman. It is not easy for any batsman to come in at number five or six and score quick runs, but this batsman has shown how to score runs. That’s why he is also considered to be the most dangerous batsman in the IPL.
Final thoughts on the most dangerous batsmen in the IPL
The above description has informed us about dangerous batsmen in the IPL. Only Rohit Sharma from India is among the top five dangerous batsmen. Also, there are Chris Gayle and Andrew Russell from the West Indies. AB de Villiers and Faf du Plessis are from South Africa. Predict which cricketer will be on the list of dangerous batsmen for the 2024 IPL season.